top of page

Resources for you.

Our office works with State Agencies available to you throughout the district and can assist you with a wide variety of issues and concerns. Although we cannot force an agency to make a particular decision, or change a decision, we are available to advocate on your behalf and ensure these agencies are cooperating with you and contacting you in a timely manner.

Please see the list below and click the link appropriate to your concern.  

Untitled design (14).png

DHCD oversees funding and resources to help people in Massachusetts live affordably and safely.

The Department of Housing and Community Development provides affordable housing options, financial assistance, and other support to Massachusetts communities.

Apply for assistance.

Untitled design (15).png

The Department of Children and Families (DCF) works in partnership with families and communities to keep children safe from abuse and neglect. In most cases, DCF is able to provide supports and services to keep children safe with parents or family members. When necessary, DCF provides foster care or finds new permanent families for children through kinship, guardianship or adoption.

Report Child Abuse

Adopt from DCF

Volunteer with DCF

Untitled design (16).png

DCR manages state parks and oversees more than 450,000 acres throughout Massachusetts. It protects, promotes, and enhances the state’s natural, cultural, and recreational resources.

Find a Park.

Untitled design (21).png

The Department of Mental Health, as the State Mental Health Authority, assures and provides access to services and supports to meet the mental health needs of individuals of all ages, enabling them to live, work and participate in their communities.

24/7 support

Untitled design (18).png

DOR manages state taxes and child support. They also help cities and towns manage their finances, and administer the Underground Storage Tank Program. Similarly, their mission includes rulings and regulations, tax policy analysis, communications, and legislative affairs.

Important Tax Forms and Instructions

Untitled design (19).png

The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) assists and empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life, and achieve long-term economic self-sufficiency. DTA serves one in seven residents of the Commonwealth with direct economic assistance (cash benefits), food assistance (SNAP benefits), and workforce training opportunities.

Apply for Economic Assistance

Apply for Food Assistance

Pathways to Work

Untitled design (22).png

The mission of the Department of Veterans’ Services (DVS) is to act as the primary advocate on behalf of all the Commonwealth’s veterans.
DVS provides our veterans and their families with quality support services and directs an emergency financial assistance program for those veterans and their dependents who are in need.

Veterans Benefits

Job Programs and Services


Veteran Crisis Line

Untitled design (23).png

The MCAD is the independent state agency that enforces the Massachusetts anti-discrimination laws by investigating Discrimination Complaints to determine if the case may proceed to conciliation or a public hearing at the Commission. The MCAD also offers remedial and preventative training and publishes resources online, such as model policies, posters, and guides.

File a Discrimination Complaint

Check on the Status of a Complaint

Training and Outreach

Untitled design (24).png

The MassDOT's mission is to deliver excellent customer service to people traveling in the Commonwealth by providing transportation infrastructure that is safe, reliable, robust, and resilient. They work to provide a transportation system that can strengthen the state’s economy and improve the quality of life for all.

Pay Tolls by Plate

RMV Service Center

Work for MassDOT

Untitled design (26).png

The Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation protects and empowers consumers through advocacy and education and ensures a fair playing field for the Massachusetts businesses its agencies regulate.

File a Complaint

Know Your Renting Rights

Untitled design (25).png

ORI supports services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of refugees and immigrants through a network of service providers in Massachusetts.

Citizenship for New Americans

Employment for Refugees

Education, Youth, Health & Other Services

Financial Literacy for Newcomers

Untitled design (27).png

The Registry of Motor Vehicles online service center allows you to complete more than 4o transactions that will save you a trip to their locations. 

Online Service Center

Schedule a Reservation

Untitled design (54).png

Passports are obtained at your local post office. For help applying for or renewing your passport, contact the United States Postal Service

or schedule an appointment.

Additional support requires the office of Senator Warren or Senator Ed Markey

Untitled design (38).png

Our office works in direct relationship with your elected officials at the federal level. However, if you would like to contact any of your federally elected officials directly, please use the following links.

Congressman Richard Neal

Springfield Office: 413-785-0325

Congressman Jim McGovern

Northhampton Office: 413-341-8700


Senator Ed Markey

Springfield Office: 413-785-4610

Senator Elizabeth Warren

Springfield Office: 413-788-2690

Untitled design (55).png

The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program provides monthly payments to adults and children with a disability or blindness who have income and resources below specific financial limits. SSI payments are also made to people age 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial qualifications.

Apply for Social Security

Check the Status of an Application

For support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and Spanish

Call +1 800-772-1213.

Financial (1).png

Many resources are available to help seniors live comfortably during their golden years. This guide introduces the state and federal government programs that could provide the support you need. 

bottom of page